Hellloooo! I got the Rockster out for his walk and then it was back in my jammies. Although it’s new jammies and not the same ones I had been wearing all day long. Then I putzed around and finally got ready to make dinner. I had original plans of making lentil tacos and some guac but when it came time to get started, I didn’t want it. What I wanted was a big bowl of comfort food.
Enter in sauteed cabbage. Trust my Polish Soul that sauteed cabbage is awesome. The cabbage turns sweet and loses the bite that raw cabbage has. It’s so yummy!
I added in some extra veggies as well.
- Green peppers
- Great northern beans
Mmmmm A little mustard, worcestershire sauce, and chicken broth to help the cooking process and for flavor. YUM! And perfectly comforting. On the side was a piece of multigrain bread with a very smidge of butter and a few bites of kielbasa that I sauteed up for Scott. The ‘Ski part of me can’t refuse the kielbasa! Take that as you will.
We finished out the Pens game from Wednesday as we ate dinner. The during OT, I had a POM fizzie.
POM + seltzer = Fizzie Goodness
And now a meme!
I was tagged by Lawgirl, a fellow C-bus blogger!
1. Mention the person who nominated you. Be sure to check out her blog. Lawgirl!
2. List six unimportant things that make you happy. Okay, here goes.
- When the bunnies come to my bird feeder.
- A clean house.
- Scott gnawing on bones of whatever meat item I prepared for him. It means he loves it.
- Scott’s sleepy face he makes when I wake him up in the morning.
- Rocky’s woo-woos, nubbies, and beans he gives when we come back home.
- Flannel sheets.
I’m not tagging anyone because I would love it if you all did it too! I love learning little facts about everyone.