January 3rd, 2009: Morning

Hi guys! Check it:



Last night Scott and I looked at some desks for the office and figured out exactly what kind we needed.  We didn’t buy anything but the big step of figuring out the space got accomplished so that’s something.  When we were done it was 9:30.  I didn’t feel like watching anything on TV so I headed up to bed to read.  But first I had some peppermint ice cream.  Right out of the tub like an animal.  I didn’t want a whole bowl just a taste because I bought this ages ago and hadn’t tried it yet.  I had about 4 bites and put it away.  I thought it was going to be better than it was.  I wasn’t impressed.  Maybe if I make a shake out of it, it would be better.

Speaking of shakes how much are you all making me want a Vita Mixer.  Holy cow guys everything you’re making looks amazing!  I have a regular blender but don’t use it that much because of cleaning it and because I hate using one blender for savory (dressings and such) and sweet (mixed drinks, smoothies).  I feel like the savory mixes leave a smell that gets into the sweet stuff.

Anyways, I read in bed till about 11 and then hit the sack.  Looking back, I must say I felt icky yesterday.  On days I don’t work out I feel very bloaty and yucky.  Weird?  I don’t know but that’s what happens.  I was getting down on myself for not running yesterday and not sticking to one of my 2009 goals which is always make time for a run (or I should adjust it and say exercise).  But then I got over myself because I realized stressing on the past does no good, right?  Tomorrow is a new day.

I got up at 7:30ish this morning and got Rocky taken care of.  It was perfectly chilly outside and lovely.  I ate half a blueberry Z bar and changed into my running clothes.

My schedule I adopted for winter is getting up early, eating breakfast first, letting it settle for a minute, and then running.  I did this because I didn’t want to run in the dark by myself.  Playing it safe.  And while I like this schedule, I really miss running first thing and getting it done so I have the rest of the day to do whatever.

Now that my routes and runs are getting longer, I realized that I need to eat something before I head out. Not like the old days where I could just go for a run without eating something first.  Today I tried the 1/2 Z bar method before my run.

Ugh my run was crap.  I wasn’t hungry but felt like I didn’t have the energy to run and pick up my pace.  My HR was in the low 160s and I felt like I was plodding along.  AND I started off the run all excited because it’s Saturday so I thought I could run my old 3.5 route because the construction guys wouldn’t be there on Saturday.

Wrong. They were totally there. :irked:  So I adjusted my route and still ran 3.5 miles.



I came home and drank my CS and debated on taking Rocky then or later.  He was sunbathing so I decided to take him later with Scott.  I changed and made myself some breakfast.

island breakfast

island breakfast

Since we were having coconut coffee again, I decided on some 2% fage with some banana nut bear naked and some tropical trail mix on top.  I love this stuff and haven’t had any in ages!  It has:

  • Dried papaya
  • Dried mango
  • Dried pineapple
  • Dates
  • Cashews
  • Coconut
  • Banana chips

It made the yogurt so good!  After breakfast, I walked outside to feed my birdies and was totally regretting not taking Rocky sooner.  It is beautiful outside today.  Chilly but not freezing cold, sunny with clear blue skies.  Totally beautiful!

Scott is up and we are skipping MT today.  We didn’t think classes started again until Tuesday so we were planning on enjoying the last of our vacation.  Then we got an email reminding us classes started again today!  Doh!  But we both agreed we wanted to stay home and relax and do stuff around the house.

And naturally after I’ve been sitting here for a bit and had my official breakfast, I’m ready to get outside and run, run, run!  I guess my lesson here is that my body prefers to wake up a bit first before running.  I’ll have to keep that in mind once we hit spring/summer.

For now I’m going to head out and take Rocky for a walk because I’m really craving getting back outside again.

Before I go, a bit of news!  My friend Heather has started a blog and is keeping track of her time spent running!  She’s looking to get started running again and a blog is a good way to keep track and stay motivated!  Please stop over and say hi. :D

5 thoughts on “January 3rd, 2009: Morning

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published.

This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.