December 9th, 2009: pull it together

Hi gang!  Last night I had a nice mug of tea while Scott and I watched some hockey.  Then I read for a bit and crashed out.  I had my alarm set for 7am this morning so I could get a nice run in but at 5am when I heard it thunderstorming outside (wha the what?!) I turned off the alarm.  I figured the nasty weather had hit and I wasn’t going to be able to run.

Imagine my surprise when I woke up at 7:30am to clear skies, sunshine, and spring like weather. Oh my!  I took care of Rocky and then headed out for a decent 5 miles.  It was so warm that I was hot in my hoodie and light running pants.  Eep!  It was a bit windy but nothing like what had been predicted.

Chocolate soymilk

I stretched and showered and woke up my loves.  Then I made some oatbran!

Coffee and oatbran

Same as yesterday and this used up the last banana in the house.  Yikes!  I did some stuffs around the house while waiting for the FedEx truck who showed up at 11am with one of my new packages from Nike!  I bought a new winter jacket and a hat.  Hopefully they work out.  After that I was about to take Rocky for his walk but then it started pouring rain.

By this point the temperature had started dropping and the wind has increased a great deal.  I decided to make some lunch instead.


The last of the salad greens with some tuna salad on top.  I made tuna salad for Scott’s lunch yesterday and I had the leftovers on my salad.  Along with some cucumber, sunflower, and pumpkin seeds.

Smoothie, salad, applesauce

Smoothie was a green goodness from Bolthouse Farms because I’ve got nothing and the “fresh fruit” I had today was a unsweetened blueberry applesauce cup.  The salad was good but ended up sitting like a brick in my stomach. Ugh.

Desperate times people.  Desperate times.

While we were eating lunch it started hailing, then freezing rain, and eventually snow.  Nothing stuck around though and by the time I was done with kitchen clean up, the only weather condition was wind.

I braved the elements and took Rocky out for a walk.  Picking up dog poo in 40mph winds presents a whole new set of challenges.  The wind was ridiculous and so our walk was short.  When we got back home this sister spent the rest of the day shopping.  I would love to tell you at this point that I’m done, but I am not.  Almost though!

There was one website, which shall remain nameless, that gave me the most trouble because it was the slowest to load.  I had to go to the company website proper because I couldn’t find the products I wanted at other places, mainly Amazon. I know, shocker!  I literally wanted to bang my head on the desk.  Oy!

I eventually got up and made some dinner.  Scott had a choice between Asian soup or “Pad Thai”, he choose “Pad Thai”.  Which I really should just call noodles in peanut sauce because it in no way resembles Pad Thai.

Noodles with peanut sauce


Udon noodles were used because those are the only Asian noodles I have.

The veggies were:

  • Green onion
  • Green pepper
  • Baby bok choy
  • Frozen carrot
  • Frozen peas
  • Frozen green beans

The seasonings were:

  • Cayenne pepper
  • Salt (not much)
  • Pepper
  • Garlic powder
  • Red pepper flakes
  • Chili powder

The sauce was chicken broth(veggie could be used instead)+3 huge scoops of PB+hot sauce (lots) + Soy sauce.

Sautee up the veggies and add the seasonings.  Then start making the sauce, of course you could adjust the ingredients to your taste.  Let sauce simmer and thicken.  Pour over cooked noodles and add some peanuts on top.

Noodles with peanut sauce

Enjoy!  I added extra red pepper flakes to Scott’s plate.  He loved it although his Sriracha went bad so he couldn’t use that as a topper which bummed him out.

Me: You could just toss some Cholula on there.

Scott: I cannot just blatantly put Cholula on top.

Me: Why not? I blatantly put lots of it in the sauce as I was making it.

He’s particular I guess.  Or just weird.  You pick.

This dish was a bit on the heavy side for me so I didn’t finish my portion.  I seriously need something fresh! And raw! So I’ll probably have an apple later.  No SF for us tonight because sometime between Monday and Tuesday Scott jacked up his knee. It’s all swollen and he’s limping a bit.  So we’re giving it a few days of rest.  On the agenda is finishing up the flipping Christmas decorations and perhaps more shopping! :D  Till then!

5 thoughts on “December 9th, 2009: pull it together

  1. Funny how fickle the weather can be.

    OMG we had such a similar lunch! I even thought of you when I was eating it because it reminded me so much of one of your daily lunches. ;)

    Sounds like a good day all around. Glad you enjoyed it dear.

  2. I cooked some raw cranberries in my oatmeal this morning and it was delicious! Have you ever tried that?

    Did I miss it or have you not yet dropped the make-you-wanna-vomit news? I’m waiting…

Leave a Reply to Andrea Cancel reply

Your email address will not be published.

This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.