October 30st, 2008: Lunch and dinner

Hi guys! Last night when I finally got a chance to sit down it was late and I just didn’t have it in me to spend another 45 minutes typing up a post. For those who do this too, I know you understand. :) Let’s start!



Our dentists and the assistants (?), hygienists (?) are so nice and gentle that going in for the check up is no biggie. After the dentist appointment, which went swimmingly, we headed to breakfast. I was dragging so much and all I kept thinking about was getting some coffee in my system! Mmmmm that sweet first cup! With sugar and creamer. It actually tasted a little on the bitter side and not as good as the usual pots. At this point I didn’t care, I just wanted some coffee.

Omlette list

Omelette list

I was craving an omelette like crazy. All I kept thinking about was some melted cheesy goodness. I decided on the Far West omelette and Scott got the cajun chicken omelette.

Time to eat!

Time to eat!

My omelette had ham, green peppers, and onions in it and topped with colby-jack cheese. I had a side of potatoes and an english muffin with butter (way too much!). I have to say I was really disappointed in my omelette. Some of the peppers tasted a little musty or like dirty water. The cheese was only on top and not inside. I could only eat half my omelette. I ate all the potatoes and 1.5 of the english muffin. I also started in on another 1/2 cup of coffee.

I thought I took a picture of Scott’s meal but I can’t find it. I had a bit of his; it was okay. For some reason the eggs were really dry and chewy which didn’t make the omelette very appealing to either of us. At breakfast/brunch we talked more about possibly starting our own business in the near future. We’re in the middle of hashing out the details of what exactly it is that we want to do. Naturally it’s going to be computer related!

Once home we really didn’t have too long before we would have to start getting ready for MT. I was looking forward to class even though I was so very tired. Since I didn’t run, I really needed to get rid of my pent up energy I had going on. I was so jittery and jumping around.

Class wasn’t bad, we did a lot of exercises with medicine balls. Some of the stuff I had done before during PT and some stuff was new. Pushups on the medicine ball was definitely new! And hard, holy cow. One drill we do that I love, you have two minutes to get in 110 punches on the bag. I always strive for making mine in under a minute and I usually can meet that goal! Last night a new drill we did worked on kicks, starting with right kicks we did:

  • 1 kick
  • 2 kicks
  • 3 kicks
  • 4 kicks
  • 5 kicks

Then you moved and did that on the left, back to the right, and then back to the left. HARD! Because the kicks have to have power AND be fast. Aside from a couple wonky kicks I did that pretty well!

Once home it was time for showers and dinner!



I only had to make one thing and that took no time at all. We had leftover veggie chili, tortilla chips, and homemade guacamole. YUM! Since I was having chips + guac and a beer, I decided to skip the cheese on top of the chili. I ate almost my whole bowl which was about a cup of chili, only leaving a few spoonfuls behind. And no idea how many chips and guac. The beer is a Summer Ale.

We finished the Pens game while we ate and got the other one taped. I wasn’t up too long, in bed by 11pm. I knew Friday was going to be a big busy day for me, so I wanted to get a decent amount of sleep!

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published.

This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.