Last year, Evie, owner and creator of Aquabling contacted me asking if I would like to try out her product. I checked out her website and my first thought was, “Well, this really doesn’t apply to me.” You see, Aquabling is a little clasp that fits around the top of a water bottle, distinguishing it from other water bottles so the bottle doesn’t get misplaced or swiped by someone else. I don’t really have to worry about that since I don’t use a generic water bottle when I workout therefore I don’t have to worry about someone swiping it or confusing it with their own.
I almost told Evie that I would pass on the review but decided to think it over for a few days. This is when I realized that Aquabling doesn’t have to be used only for water bottles, it can really be used on anything. One of the best uses for Aquabling is during networking events. Think about it, you go and there is always some sort of drink situation going on. Whether it’s a meeting over coffee or a social networking event at a bar, typically you will find yourself with a drink.
Aquabling is versatile enough that it can be used on many types of drinks.
- Fits on coffee mug handles
- Used as a wine glass charm or even pilsner glass charm (depending on the pilsner glass, it fits the ones we have)
- Fits on top of a beer bottle (or root beer bottle for my root’s peeps!)
- Fits the handle on a beer mug
When not in use the little clip can be clipped to your purse or even belt buckle. You can always have it accessible and ready when you need to add a little style to your drink. This comes in especially handy for social situations when you’re networking because what better conversation starter than by talking about what’s on your drink! It makes you stand out in a sea of people all with the same thing going on.
Two things I noticed:
1. The clip is actually a little bigger than I expected. I thought this would make it seem bulky but on mugs and wine glasses it is not. I have a little open area on my water bottle that I can clip this to and it doesn’t impede my drinking. I have not tried this on a regular plastic water bottle.
2. The clip opens really easily so I try to keep that in mind when using it. I don’t want it to accidentally fall off or get pulled off.
These clips come in different styles and designs to suit your personal tastes. I have the Fleur de Lis in white which I personally like a lot. It’s simple and clean looking. Even though there is “bling” in the title, don’t let that fool you into thinking this is a gaudy piece of drinking jewelry because that is not the case. These are very low key and professional looking.
Aquabling would make great favors for a wedding shower or bachelorette party. Heck, you could even get a bunch and hand them out with your business cards at your next social event (BlogHer anyone?). Evie is so nice and has great customer service. I’m sure she would work with you on your orders to make sure you got exactly what you need.
Interested in trying it out for yourself? Well you’re in luck because I just happen to have an extra one ready for a new home!
- All you have to do is comment on this post letting me know what you think about Aquabling and if you would like to try it yourself.
- You must leave a valid email address so I can contact you if you win.
- You must be willing to share with me a valid mailing address so I can mail you the prize.
- If you win, you have 48 hours to respond back to me. If you fail to do so another winner will be picked.
- Contest runs from Thursday, April 22nd, 2010 to Sunday, April, 25th, 12pm EST, 2010.
I will announce the Winner (picked by random number generator) on Monday morning, April 26th, 2010.
Alright guys, get commenting! I know you want a little extra bling in your life!
Disclaimer: I was sent Aquabling free of charge to try out. I’m not paid for this review. This review is my own opinion.