Last night while sipping some white wine (unpictured because that was Scott’s job and he forgot) I munched on some nutroll. I make both individual pieces and bigger log sizes. They are awesome and my favorite thing about Christmas time. Speaking about the food portion of course. I fiddled with the recipe this year to experiment a bit and try to make it a little more healthy. Original recipes tend to call for lots of butter and shortening, and that’s just in the dough! Plus loads upon loads of sugar. I changed that up and made a pretty tasty treat!
I would love to say I went to bed early, but I totally didn’t because after finishing Saturday’s hockey game, I got sucked into a Venture Bros. episode. Oh Venture Bros. you get me everytime. Any other Adult Swim fans out there?
Because Rocky was totally snug in bed like a bug, I got to sleep in a little this morning. Joy! I putzed around drinking some coffee and getting the office squared away. I woke up Scott and realized that I probably should make breakfast. I wasn’t too hungry so I asked Scott if he wanted the leftovers and he did. Score.
More coffee and a yogurt mess made with Stoneyfield French Vanilla. Then I promptly proceeded to stuff my face. Whoops! I made it up to Scott by making him his very own yogurt mess. :p
I was searching around for a bigger bowl this morning and remembered some mixing bowls I have that belonged to my grandmother. Vintage! It was just big enough. :p
I walked Rocky and then got a package together to send to my mom. Just a few little odds and ends being shipped her way.
Lunch was light and easy because again I was just slightly hungry and I wanted to eat something before leaving the house today.
There was a smoothie:
- 1C Vanilla soymilk
- 1C Carrot juice
- 1C Unsweetened cranberry juice
- Frozen blueberries
- Frozen mango
- 1 Banana
Carrots, crackers, and some oranges along with some Amy’s veggie lentil soup. This soup was amazing! The taste was totally different and at first odd but once I got used to it, I did not want to stop eating it! :p But sadly I had to, I got full way faster than I thought I would. I didn’t even eat half that bowl, nor could I finish my smoothie. :o That never happens! Same goes for all the other stuff, just had a few bites and I was done.
Not long after lunch I headed out to see Ava! I also had some tea while I was there.
Mmmm! I forget the name but it had peppermint in it and Rooibos, and it was amazing. We chatted for a bit and then I headed back home.
Scott’s last present finally arrived, hooray!
He has to work late tonight (it’s 8:40pm and he’s still working) so I made him some extra stuff to go with yesterday’s leftovers for his dinner.
I didn’t have leftovers but had some Hugh Jass.
After dinner, I wrapped Rocky’s gifts and wrapped Scott’s last gift. Now all of my Christmas chores are done and I can finally enjoy the holiday!
I got tagged by LG to list 7 honest things you might not know about me. Hrmmm, I think I’ve done something like this before. Alright, let’s do body image! We all have our issues and concerns right? Here are some of mine, laying it out on the table.
1. I have a birthmark on my left wrist that I forget is even there till someone asks me about it.
2. I’m totally self-conscious about my nose. It’s huge and I think people stare at it.
3. I’m also self-conscious about the perpetual bags under my eyes. They are permanent and won’t ever go away. People will ask me if I’m tired or if I don’t feel well. Nice. It took me a very long time to be comfortable enough to go out in public without makeup. Again, in my mind people stare at them and try to pretend they don’t notice them.
4. I have scar on my left pinky toe. It got slammed into a pool ladder when I was a kid.
5. I scar really easily. Even just a scratch will cause scarring to me most of the time. Other than a scar on my lip, my face is scar free. Thank jeebus!
6. I think I have really pretty hair. Even though my hair is very fine and has about as much body and curve as a 13 year old boy, it is a great color. It also takes color really well and when I highlight it with purple/burgundy (yup, purple) it looks even more amazing.
7. I also have fantastically full plump lips that are naturally blush color. Adding lipstick or color just makes them stand out even more. My lips were one of the first things Scott said he noticed about me.
What about you? Do you have some body image issues? The good and the bad, care to share?
I’m off to make a super special drink for tonight and relax a bit before heading to bed. Till tomorrow pretties!