Hey guys! Before you hit your vacation this week, I bring you a Feet on the Street Feature! November’s feature is Tina of Carrots ‘N’ Cake!
1.What inspired you to give running a shot and take that first jog?
I played soccer as a kid, so running was an easy transition.
2. About how long have you been running?
I really got into running during college. It’s a wonderful stress reliever!
3. Talk to me about your shoes! What type are they (be specific, brand and are they stability shoes, neutral shoes?)
New Balance 904 trail runners. I actually wrote a blog post about them: I love the bright color!!!
5. You’ve done a lot of training on a treadmill, what do you love about treadmill training and what do you hate about it?
I love interval training! It never gets boring for me! But, I do hate that I have to run indoors all winter long. Boston is cold!
6. Could you share one of your speed or treadmill workouts with us?
Here are a bunch!
7. If a beginning runner came to you for advice about getting started with running, what would you share with them?
Try the walk-run method and don’t worry about mileage. Keep increasing your time every few days– even if it’s just by a minute or two. You’ll find that you’ll build up stamina in no time! And keep at it! Running is not easy. Don’t get discouraged!
8. What keeps you motivated and inspired to stay moving and running?
Running is relaxing for me. I love spending time alone– running and thinking.
9. Any race goals to finish off the year or perhaps start the new year?
To get better!!! I’ve been nursing a bum hip since May. My goal is to run a few races in the spring.
10. Now let’s have some fun! What is your favorite running gear? This can be anything from socks, to earphones, to wristbands!
I love my Garmin!!!
11. What is your favorite color and do you try to get running gear in that color if possible?
I love blue! But, I buy a lot of black gear. It’s easy to match!
12. Do you listen to music while you run? If so, what are some favorite songs that keep you moving and grooving?
Yes! I love classic rock and 80’s music.
Thanks so much Tina for being November’s Feet on the Street Feature! To keep up with Tina’s training, head over and visit Carrots ‘N’ Cake!