October 20th-21st, 2009: Fiesta

Hey pretties!  I’m just going to do a straight two day recap, are we coolio with that?  I was wiped out last night and didn’t get a chance to post my haps and eats.  Doh!  Alrighty then, let’s catch up!  It’s a long one, settle in!


Thank you all so much for your votes on the dress!  It seems like dress #1 is in the lead and do you not just love it?!  I love that dress!  My smokin’ hot dress that I bought at the same time as the black ones looks very similar to dress #1 except it is red! RAWR! And does not have a pin conveniently placed between my nonexistent boobage but has some ribbon detailing instead.  I think it’s also a little shorter as well.  There are a few fancy-smanchy restaurants in town and I plan on going to at least one in that dress.

I woke up Tuesday morning at 6am and stumbled my way through the basic morning routine.  I was tired, whoo!  After working for a bit and when it was finally light out, I went out for my run.  I’m not quite sure how far I ran because I had to change my route a little bit due to an encounter with a shady dude in my hood.  I think he was working on someone’s house but I wasn’t taking any chances of having to cross his path again so I changed up.  I ran for about 35 minutes which is how long it takes me to do 3.5 miles.  I don’t think I did 3.5 but whatever, I felt good after the run and that’s all that matters!

Chocolate soymilk

I had two glasses of CS, stretched, and showered.

Coffee and oatbran

Basically you can expect to see a lot of pumpkin around these parts from here on out.  Especially now that it seems to be popping up in stores more frequently!  Yesterday was pumpkin cheesecake oatbran.  So creamy glorious!  The cheesecake part played by cottage cheese, who did a fantastic job. *claps*

After breakfast, I took Rocky out for his walk and yesterday was just straight up awesome weather.  It was slightly cool with sunny and deep blue skies.  I haven’t seen skies that color in quite some time.

Then I worked and worked and you know how that goes.


Lunch was pretty typical OHC HQ style!


  • Mixed greens
  • Chard
  • Sunflower seeds
  • Red onion
  • Carrot and cucumber
  • Raisins

With a bit of yogurt ranch on top.



  • 1C US cranberry juice
  • 1C Pineapple Mango juice
  • Kale
  • Frozen blueberries
  • Frozen mango

chick'n patty

And a Morningstar chick’n griller with a side of BBQ sauce!  I pretty much squeal with excitement when I know I get to eat one of these things.  The truth is I’m not a huge fan of fakeout meat products but this shiz is the bomb!

Smoothie and salad

After lunch it was a bit more work and then I actually got some bloggy stuff done as well.  Productive day!

We hit up MT which is always nice for a workout.  Thank goodness MT is in my life!  After class we had to make a pit stop at Sam’s and breezed right through it!  When I can buy a fleece blanket, flannel sheets, serving trays, and blocks of cheese all at the same place, I’m a happy girl.  Tuesday evenings are also the time to tap that place because no one is around.  You can easily go about your business!

Of course our cashier sneezed/coughed/something all over our stuff. :crazy:  When we got home, I sprayed everything down with vinegar and cleaned it the best I could.

Ew dude.  Ew.

I tried something new for dinner!  We still had fish:


Flounder!  And instead of using olive oil, I brushed this with coconut oil.  Coconut oil is crazy good gang!  It is solid white and you can use it for baking, sautéing, or just mixing in things for a subtle coconut flavor.  I scooped some out and gently heated it in the mirco, then I added:

  • Sea salt
  • Dash of soy sauce
  • Dash of hot sauce
  • Curry powder
  • Red pepper flakes
  • Garlic powder

And brushed all of that over the fish and baked the fish at 400 for about 3-5 minutes.

This rocked my world!  It provided just a hint of coconut but not overpowering.  Eating it, it was like, “Oh hey this is nice” but the flavor wasn’t so potent you would recognize it.  But once you knew it was coconut oil, it was like, “Oh yeah, I can totally taste that now!”  The oil was not cheap but a little goes a very long way.  I can’t wait to use it in other stuff!

brussel sprouts

There was also some roasted brussels sprouts, leftover baked beans, and leftover baked potato.

Fish, beans, baked potato, and brussels sprouts

Scott and I each had 1/2 a potato leftover which worked out well for providing sides.  I happily chowed down on everything!

By this point it was 9pm and I plopped down on the couch with my word search book and listened to the last bits of the Pens game via the radio.  The game was on Verses last night and we don’t get Verses. *grumble*  The Pens won and I headed up to bed to read for a while.

I crashed out at 10pm and was a little more excited about that than I should have been.


I got up at 6am ready to start my day!  I was fully rested, mmm sleep was so awesome last night. :p  I love sleep so much!  I worked and finished up a project early this morning which left me terribly excited because that meant I was done for the day!  And also the week!

Yup, here’s the deal with that, and no I didn’t quit my job (that’s totally for you Mara. :lol: ).  The good thing about what I currently do is that technically I am my own boss.  I run my own company and I get to work from home.  I am allowed to have as much time off as I want and can take meetings in my jammies.  All of these things are awesome sauce!

The bad thing is that while I love working from home and setting my own hours, the money is not that great and the reality is, this is not what I want to do for the rest of my life.  My blog has helped me realize what my passion is and what I want to do.  I promise it’s not to be a professional blogger. ;)    My passion always has been and always will be food.  I love food!  I want to become more involved in my local community with regards to food.  Buy local, eat local.  It’s something I feel really strongly about and something I am also very new to.   It’s a brand new world to me and I am trying hard to embrace it the best that I can.   I am trying to learn the ropes and to do my best to support local as much as possible.

I have a lot of ideas but I need the time to plan and try to put some things into action.  I also love my blog and I have big plans for it.  Nothing outrageous, just more articles and things like that.  But with my increase in work all of the sudden, that took up a huge amount of my time.  Of course it would, it’s work, right?  But it was also causing me to miss things that were important to me like connecting with friends, my training, staying on top of emails, and getting behind on the ton of other things I have going on this fall.  Aaaahhhhh!

This was stressing me out.  I hate not having time to do anything else but work.  That’s not okay and that can make me very cranky.  I believe that work should be a part of your life, not your whole life, if that makes sense.  Unless it’s something you love doing, then by all means, throw yourself into it!

The best solution I came up with is to cut my hours down, so I can work on making my dream a reality.  I work Monday through Wednesday, so if you don’t hear from me either commenting, or emailing if I owe you an email, that’s why.  I’m working my buttis off, Thursday and Friday are all mine to work on the dream! :D

Now more food and fun!

I ran but again have no idea how far I ran.  I’m guessing it was just over 2 miles this morning.  It was late so I only planned on doing a light run, my shins were also tight from MT class last night so I don’t think they would have lasted for a longer run, to be honest.  I showered immediately after my shortie, woke up the loves, and then made some breakfast.

Coffee and oats

Apple oats!  Basic oats with a huge honeycrisp tossed in at the end.

Mmm mmm!  After breakfast I walked Rocky and it was another awesome day in Cbus.  By awesome, I mean we have been having weather in the 60s and 70s.  Crazy!

I worked on some bloggy stuff afterwards and also wrapped up with work turning in projects and setting up next week’s project load.  Then I made some lunch!



  • Red leaf lettuce
  • Carrot
  • Peas and corn
  • Banana peppers
  • Salsa
  • Crushed foodshouldtastegood chips

Mmm mmm!  Scott had breakfast burritos and there was a small bit of egg leftover so that went into my salad as well.  Scrambled eggs are really not that odd of an addition!


Green smoothie!

  • 1C pineapple mango juice
  • 1C OJ
  • 1C water
  • Kale
  • Frozen mango
  • Frozen peaches

Heaven and not gritty!  Score!  That’s it for pineapple juice for me this week though.  I can eat fresh pineapple forever and a day but the juice, if I have too much it causes me to break out.  Weird?  I guess it’s just too much sugar for me to handle.

Smoothie and salad

Lunch was yum delicious!

After lunch, I did some “new” work.  What should I call this?  “Trying to live the dream work”, is a bit on the long side! :p

Scott had to put the kibosh on SF tonight because he has to work.  Booo!   I can try to use this chance to catch up on some correspondence with folks!

Can I also tell you that holy crap my trip is like a week and a half away already?!  *gulp*

Okay, no panic breaths.  I am totally calm and everything will get done, amen.

Since we weren’t going to class, I could take a slightly longer approach to dinner.  However, it was still super easy to assemble!


Seafood enchiladas!  Seafood being shrimp and bay scallops.  I keep cooked shrimp on hand so I can easily toss it into whatever, and bay scallops are so wee they take no time at all to cook.  They can be added to the dish while still frozen, heat for a few minutes and they are done.  I had some leftover beans and rice in the freezer which I pulled out and used as a base.  It also contained:

  • Carrots
  • Onion
  • Zucchini
  • Salsa


I added in chopped spinach and the seafood to help bulk it up.  I guess this can actually be called more like a “Mexican Lasagna” because I layer the tortillas instead of rolling them individually.  There are times when I have a great deal of patience for cooking, but rolling individual tortillas to make enchiladas or burritos is not one of those times.  Topped it all with salsa and baked for a while.  Then added cheese, can you tell which side is Scott’s?  :p  I’m having cheese tomorrow so I didn’t want to load up today.



I am completely wrapping this up right here and now because it’s already crazah long.

But first, I leave you with this!

Mara is doing an blogversary giveaway and it’s a pretty awesome one!  Check it out!

5 thoughts on “October 20th-21st, 2009: Fiesta

  1. Ewww, that’s creepy about the weirdo guy on your am run. I had this happen to me awhile ago with a creep that I thought was following me to the gym in the mornings. That is when I bough mace and carry it with me every time I run now.

    Wow, those enchilladas look awesome! I need to think about making these soon. I love Mexican and love to cook it but oddly enough, I have NEVER made enchilladas. Strange I know. Okay, you’ve inspired me, I;m doing it! :)

    Hope you are well my dear.

  2. I’m so excited about your “new” work. You definitely inspire me to follow my own dreams. And I will LOVE reading about yours unfolding.

    Now, about those Morningstar grillers…I want one now after looking at that luscious juicy soy patty. Dinner tomorrow…you’ll see…

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published.

This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.