September 29th, 2009: redundant bumpkin

Hi guys!  No lie, I was in bed by 7:30pm last night.


I had some tea and read for a while, then crashed out.  My alarm went off at 6am and it was still crazy windy out. :o  Running in the dark is one thing, running in the dark with some crazy wind is something entirely different and not what I was looking to try.  I laid in bed for 1/2 and hour and dragged my butt outta bed by 6:30.

By 7am I was out the door for my run.  Screw the wind!  And then it started raining on me.


Chocolate soymilk

Wind, cold, AND rain does not make for a happy run in the event you were curious.  I did 2.5 and called it a day.  I was so ecstatic to just have been able to run I didn’t really care it was a short one today.  Rocky had to wait on his walk since it was raining.  Once he realized he wasn’t going out, he hightailed it back up to bedtimes with Dad and got snugs.

Sleep and a warm bed sounded nice but a molten lava shower sounded even better so I went with that.  I wasn’t starving but did want some oats to help warm me up.

Coffee and oatmeal

And I’m craving chocolate like it’s on the verge of extinction so I made choco oats today.  Which means I used chocolate whey protein powder instead of vanilla.  With some cranberries and a sprinkle of unsweetened coconut on top.  It was good but very small in volume.  I will definitely stick with using a bunch of fruit in the oats and on days when I just want simple oats, make more!

Stuffing my face with good food makes me verra happah!

I got so much stuff done today it’s crazy!  Sadly it involves all prep work for my upcoming trip in November so recounting it all to you would be terribly boring.  I finally got an armstrap for my iPhone and some new headphones so we’ll see how those turn out.  I hope they arrive soon!

Lunch today was repurosed leftovers!  Love it!


I took some of the pumpkin black bean burgers from yesterday and turned them into a quesadilla.  Woot!  I took half and spread it on a red chili tortilla from WF.  Add a small bit of shredded carrot on top and cooked in a skillet with a little bit of olive oil.  Scott had the same thing but his had cheese, carrots, and spinach.  I was freezing cold today and all I could think about was something warm and toasty.


I still made smoothies which made my butt freeze off for certain.

  • 1.5C Carrot juice
  • 1C US cranberry juice
  • .5C OJ
  • Kale
  • Frozen peaches
  • Frozen blueberries


Plus carrots, celery, and cucumber slices.  And leftover sweet potato fries.

Smoothie, quesadilla, and veggies

I still needed more raw so I went with the veggie slices.  I ate 2/3 of the quesadilla which was so good it was ridiculous.  Some fries and some veggies.

Oh winter time lunch is going to prove tricky I think!  Either I’ll have to come up with some warm eats or invest in a snuggie so I can freely eat and still stay warm. ;)


After lunch I had some tea because I was still chills.  Holiday spice!

Holiday spice is the flavor of tea I made and not some random phrase that I just shouted.  Although why not?

Holiday Spice, what what!

And then I took Rocky for his walk finally.  Brrrr it was so cold and windy and miserable outside.  Miserable because it was a damp icky cold, the kind that goes right through you.  I was sporting my new fleecy fall jacket which worked like a charm.  However I didn’t do my hair since I’m going to MT later, so it was all hippy drippy loose and blowing in the wind.  That along with my Debbie Gibson Electric Youth blue sweatpants and my new jacket which is a more lavender blue, I was hawt!  Hawt like your unkempt bumpkin cousin.  RAWR!

Is unkempt and bumpkin redundant?  I’m pretty sure it is.

Once we got back home, I got snugs in the office with the space heater and knocked out a few things.  Then I got ready to go house at MT.

It has been two weeks since I’ve hit and kicked something, so I was going a little stir crazy over here.  Ah, class was so nice!

Even nicer was coming home to Fish Tuesday!  :woohoo:


Easy flounder today.  Topped with olive oil, sea salt, rosemary&garlic mix, smoked paprika and baked at 400 for five minutes.

asparagus and cauliflower

Roasted cauliflower and asparagus.  Roasted cauliflower is my newest obsession!  I just adore it.

[Side note: In the far upper right hand corner of the cauliflower picture, can you see the creepy as hell psychic clown face?  Click the picture if you don’t see it.  Is that not the creepiest thing?! Holy crap it freaked me out and I couldn’t for the life of me figure out what it was.  Scott and I stared at that picture for a long time! We finally realized it’s our gnat trap. But whoa total creepers there for a sec! :p]

Veggies, rice, and fish

And some brown jasmine rice tossed in as well.  YUM!

Now I’m off to finish last night’s Dancing With the Stars and then hit the bed.  I am totally watching it and we can discuss it tomorrow! :D

Be sure to check out And Her Little Dog Too because she is having a Pirate’s Booty Giveaway!  I’ve never had these snacks before but they sound interesting, so I’m going to give it a try. :D

7 thoughts on “September 29th, 2009: redundant bumpkin

  1. Sorry the rain is getting you down. But it’s so wonderful that you still manage to keep a smile on your face when the skies are blue. :)

    I bet the leftover pumpkin burgers were even better than when you first made them! Funny how the flavors seem to mesh together so much more after they sit for a few days.

    I’ve actually had a Pumpkin Black Bean Burger on my recipe to make list for a few weeks. I think I may just need to whip some up next week.

    Have a wonderful and relaxing night.

  2. This may be a stupid question, but what kind of oats do you use? The healthy ones I see in Trader Joe’s seem to require 30 minutes of cooking and I’m way too lazy for that. You always make your oats looks so yummy!

    Wish I could take some of that wind and rain off your hands. :)

    • Jenn, totally not a stupid question! :D I use Quaker Old Fashioned oats which only take a few minutes to make. The TJ’s one is probably steel cut oats which do take longer. Those can be soaked over night in milk (or soymilk) and then heated up the next morning, cutting down the cooking time by a lot.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published.

This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.