September 17th, 2009: bringing home the bacon

Hey gang!  So I’ve been crazy busy today with work. :O  I was supposed to go to an event this evening at TehKu and just could not make it.  I had to work.

But let’s rewind a bit!


I did have some tea last night and headed straight to bed.  I read for a bit and then crashed hard at 10pm.  I was out!  I got up bright and early this morning but I wanted needed to run my little heart out.  And it was chilly!  Whooo!  I had to put on my little headband thing for my ears and wear a light pair of gloves.  It was awesome!

I ran 5 miles at a 10:15 pace!  GO ME!  My leg also feels mighty fine.  I’m going to stick with 5 miles for a bit and see how that works out.  I may try and do 6 on Sunday but I’ll cross that bridge when I get to it.

Chocolate soymilk

I slammed a glass of CS, bundled up and then out with Rockster for his morning walk.  It was quick because I started getting chilly.  I stretched and changed into comfy clothes.  I actually had to wait to shower (which meant I was cold the whole time) so I could blow dry my hair today.  Since I thought I was going out, I wanted it dry and fluffy. :D

Then I made breakfast!

Coffee and yogurt

And ate it out of the container like a savage.  Yogurt, homemade granola, some jam, and a peach.  YUM!  With some glorious coffee that I ended up having two mugs of.

Then I spent too much time trying to integrate G-Cal with my iPhone.  I got frustrated and went to work instead.  Scott worked on my phone and got everything synced up because he’s awesome.  I was hesitant to use MS Exchange (Microsoft, Ewww! HISS!) but that’s my only option so we ended up using it.  And it worked! Hooray!

I worked all day long.  There was a break for some lunch!

I’m out of salad stuffs. :(  So I had to make do.

Smoothie, veggies, fish, crackers, and fruit


  • 1C Carrot juice
  • 1C US Cranberry juice
  • 1C water
  • Kale
  • Banana
  • 1 small beet
  • 1 small parsnip
  • Frozen blueberries
  • Frozen mango


Carrots and cucumber.

Crackers and hummus.

Leftover fritatta and some fish.  Oh and some pineapple and minneolas in the middle.  Almost forgot about those!  I actually only had a few crackers but kicked just about everything else.

Then back to work. It’s a new project with a new client and there’s lots of going back and forth trying to make sure everything is set up and transcribed properly.  Let’s just say by the end of the day, we were all wondering if it was time to head to happy hour. :p

I had to take a small break for a quick snack:

Grapes and crackers

Pistachio crisps and some frozen grapes.  I had three crisps, the rest went to Scott.

I stopped work around 8pm.  I know, I know.  Crazah!

But listen friends, here’s the deal, I had no WF crust AND I have no yeast.  What to do?!

Scott said we were ordering pizza.

YIKES!  You never know what you’re going to get with take out.  I was nervous.  But also tired and hungry, which won out over nerves.  We ordered from a local independent place called Figlio.


I got regular crust with:

  • Pesto
  • Moz
  • Red onion
  • Banana peppers
  • Spinach
  • Sundried tomatoes

Scott got the Figlio Classic with I can’t remember what all. :p


Sorry for no close-ups today guys but I needed to get this post done!  Pizza was good but both of us agreed that we like mine better.   Now I’m off to hit the couch with some wine and then crash it in bed.  Till tomorrow! :D

3 thoughts on “September 17th, 2009: bringing home the bacon

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published.

This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.