Hello guys!! I was up early this morning! It was still sleeping in for me though, 7:30am, but that can be considered early for a Sunday morning, right? All I have to say is burrrrr!!!!! Compared to last week when we had 60 degree weather and it was hot in the mornings when I went for a run, this is a huge change! We are now having typical early winter type weather with temps in the low 50s and being 40 and below at night.
It was time for me to break out some new winter running gear! I wore my cold weather pants for the first time today. They are grey and are nice and lined on the inside. I didn’t need to wear the jacket yet, but wore my long sleeved shirt and hoodie and my hat. The shirt and hoodie kept me perfectly warm. The built-in hand warmers on the hoodie came in very handy today. The pants are amazing! Because they are lined, they are soft on the skin and when it’s cold and you have goosebumps, soft material feels much better. They are form fitting but have enough give and bag to them that you don’t feel like you’re putting on a show for everyone. There’s a wee pocket in the back just big enough for a key, tissues, or perhaps gel if you’re running a long distance. And they are warm! It was cold and windy today but I didn’t notice it much with these pants. If it was super cold I would probably need some tights underneath although some reviewers say they wear them in really cold, below freezing temps so who knows.
I did my new modified route which I still don’t know the distance on and today I was one minute faster. Wooo! I poured a huge glass of CS, all the way to the top, and drank that down. Then I was back out the door with Rocky. I changed out of my hoodie and into my regular winter jacket. Wow it was so cold outside! The wind is what made it unpleasant, or else it would have just been a cold morning instead of a miserable cold morning. Rocky loved it though as he loves cold weather, crazy dog. I’m going to have to get his big boy jacket out soon because I’m sure it’s not going to get any warmer out.
By the time we got back home, it was going on 9am. All I wanted to do was change and sit down on the couch. Sorry Wii Yoga but I needed to sit down! I put together my breakfast and plopped down on the couch. I had coffee + creamer, 2% peach Fage (my favorite!), and I had 1/2 a cookie I bought from WF. I ended up not eating the cookie! I had the coffee and yogurt and that was enough.
I’ve been tagged by Lindsay!
Here are the rules:
- Link the person that tagged you and post the rules on your blog.
- Share 7 random and/or weird facts about yourself.
- Tag 7 random people at the end of your post and include links.
- Let each person know that they’ve been tagged by leaving a comment on their blog.
Let’s see, seven random/weird facts. Since this is a food blog, let me do food stuffs!
- I don’t like cake. I can handle a cupcake as long as there isn’t too much icing. But a slice of cake? Icky!
- I also don’t like fruit pies because I do not like cooked fruit.
- I’m allergic to penicillin so I steer clear of mold related foods, i.e. blue cheese and the like.
- When I was in high school, one of my staple PMS foods was pickles and orange juice.
- I only like Scott’s mom’s eggrolls.
- I love soup so much I could eat it everyday and not get tired of it.
- I love lemons and limes and can eat them straight up.
I’m leaving this open! If you want to do it, consider yourself tagged and let me know when it’s posted! Or you can just post in the comments.