November 22nd, 2008: Lunch and dinner

Hi guys! Wow what a super long day we have had. I am ready to just crash on the couch. Tonight would be the perfect night for wine but alas, I had wine two nights in a row so it’s time to detox for a few days.

After MT Class (which was cold! brrr! the gym is in a warehouse so heat is limited) we ran to the butchers where I got some awesome things! Typically I only shop for meats twice a month (once at the butcher, once at WF) and stock up. Then I don’t have to buy meat again for a very long time, like 3 months or so. One of the things I got was a nice pork loin roast, french cut. I plan on making that sometime during the xmas holiday. Christmas day I make a standing rib roast, so I’m going to have to plan this year and figure out how everything is going to work. :p

Once back home, we put the purchases away and portioned out Rocky’s order, which is 40lbs of chicken. It takes us about 15-20 minutes to portion that out and get it put away. As I was waiting for Scott to bring in the meat, I inhaled a banana, I was so hungry! No pic but we all know what bananas look like. After all the meat was taken care of it was time to eat!



We had leftovers, including some leftover tomato soup I made before that had been frozen. I had bought some peel ‘n eat shrimp at WF, so I peeled it, chopped it up and tossed that in the soup. I probably had about a cup of soup with my leftovers. I also had two slices of bread with butter. MMMM everything was so yummy!!

After lunch we ran some errands. We had to swing by the SF gym to do some stuff there, then it was off to Target. I consider Target a success! I got some cute little wintery oatmeal bowls, so look for those soon! And the Target brand, Archer Farms, has their xmas coffee line out which includes peppermint, eggnog, gingerbread, and loads of others. If you haven’t seen them yet, go over now and see if they are available. I can’t wait to try them! I also got a pair of slippers (leopard print!) and Scott got a really nice light jacket that was on clearance. And then some odds and ends, like laundry detergent and things.

Then it was back home, where we took Rocky out for a quick walk and got him fed and taken care of for the night. Finally I was able to shower! And put my jammies on right away. Mmmmm jammies.

Both of us were a little hungry but didn’t want anything too involved (okay I didn’t want anything too involved, I’m tired!) or too heavy.



I decided on pita pizzas. I had some sauce leftover from Thursday and topped some pizzas with that and moz cheese.  On the side there was hummus, carrots, celery, two kinds of organic tortilla chips and some multigrain pretzels.  I had all of my pita (went back in for the other two slices), four pretzels and carrots and celery.  We also had an orange and mango Italian soda to drink.

Now it’s back to relaxing and watching some TV (maybe reading?).  See you tomorrow!

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published.

This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.