November 14th, 2008: Morning

Oh my guys. Last night was a disaster and I’m sooo dragging right now. Let’s backtrack first.



I was so craving a beer and had my new favorite last night. I forgot we even had these in the fridge (we have a small fridge just for wine, beer, and pop. It was Scott’s in college. Anyone else do this?) until I was at the store yesterday and looking at the beer selection. I was going to pick up a 6er of winter lager to try when the price was $9. Um, holy wow. That’s a lot for a six pack. Anyway next to it was the beer we already had at home which resulted in me having an, “Oh yeah!” moment. And I knew I was having that tonight! So I opened a bottle and sipped it while I watched the first two periods of the Pens game. Which drove. Me. Bonkers. They get a lead and then loose is so fast because they get lazy. I’ll finish the 3rd tonight and see if my frustration goes down any. I was wearing my grinch jammies last night which Scott said, “Um, you’re swimming in those.” Okay, they are a wee bit big now but whatevs. It’s the grinch! And their flannel!

I decided to sleep in my bed last night and not the guest room due to my laziness. The guest rooms has a bunch of crap in it and a huge ottoman. In order for me to be able to unfold the couch bed, I need to clear the room and move the ottoman someplace else. By the time I realized that still needed done it was 8:30pm and I was way too tired to want to mess with it. So I decided to suck it up and sleep in my bed next to sickie.

Along with watching the game, I was watching the clock the whole time because I was starting to get really tired and passing out shortly after 9pm. :o Looking back I believe this was foreshadowing, my body trying to get me up to bed because of what was to come. But I didn’t listen and went to bed at 10pm.

I had a good sleep till about 2:30am. That’s when Scott started making all his sick noises. I laid in bed for a really long time trying to figure out what to do. Grab a blanket and sleep on the couch? That would be the quickest solution. Suck it up and move all the stuff in the guest room at 2:30am? That’s a lot of work. I laid there for an hour trying to decide. I turned off my alarm during this time because I knew a run at this point was not going to happen. Eventually I woke Scott up and gave him another pillow so he could lay propped up to see if that would help his breathing any. I think it did because I was able to fall back asleep and get a few more hours in. Thankfully Rocky was all buried nice in his bed which allowed me to at least sleep till 7:45am. I have been up since. :tired:



I was going back and forth on what to have for breakfast because I was hungry but didn’t want anything too involved. I almost had yogurt but decided to have that with lunch instead. I ended up making a nice comforting bowl of oats, a little less than normal since I didn’t run this morning.

  • 1/2 C of vanilla soymilk
  • 1/4 C of quick oats
  • 1 mashed banana
  • Pinch salt and cinnamon

My mix-ins:

  • Chocolate bare naked granola
  • Cranberries
  • Spoonful of dark chocolate PB


I had that with morning coffee which was soooo yumm! Not the best like yesterday but very good and much appreciated this not so good morning.

I would like to say that I’ll get a run in today but I honestly have no idea if that will happen. It depends on how my body handles the crappy sleep from last night. I will for sure clean the guest room today though!

2 thoughts on “November 14th, 2008: Morning

  1. Your oats look great. All this nut butter everywhere on people’s blogs is making me hungry! We have a wine fridge for our whites and champagne. Our main fridge is never full and we don’t buy that many beverages regularly anymore I suppose. I’m jealous your morning coffee was so good–mine sucked today :(

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published.

This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.