How many articles have we read this year that are full of the standard:
- Eat Your Veggies!
- Carve out time for exercise!
- Eat before going to a dinner party so you don’t overload!
- Watch the wine intake!
You can only read so much of that before you want to scream, “BUT it IS the holidays! Good grief let’s have some fun already!”
You know I’m right.
Listen I’m not saying you should be, “Eff it all, it’s the holidays!” And start having iced bacon cookies (my idea, if you use it at least give me credit) with your coffee every morning until January 3rd. But I am saying, take the time to actually enjoy the holidays. It is festive and it is about fun and family and joy. So be joyful!
- Have that iced bacon cookie if you want it.
- Drink champagne and get giggly.
- Stay up too late, drink too much wine, and have a long chat.
- Hold hands.
- If you’ve got snow, have a snowball fight or try and build a fort. Everyone loves forts.
Do something fun!
Emily has a fantastic list so please head over and read it. Here are some of my favorites:
- You should fill someones stocking.
- You should take a day off from the computer – can’t we all use one day without it?
- You should be sure that you’ve had one cocktail by 3pm (or earlier, I won’t judge.)
Exactly! We should all do these things! Now if you’ll excuse me, I need to tell Scott that my stocking needs filled. Being naughty should be on the list!
Happy Holidays from OHC! We hope that you have the best time and we will catch up with you in a few days!